Showing that age is just a number! It was an absolute pleasure to give this grandad a lesson which was a gift from his grandson and his partner 😍 At a young 82yrs old he was able to show the kids how it was done! 😆#inclusion #lovehorses #ageisjustanumber #yournevertoooldtohavefun #familyfun #familytime #lovehorseriding🐎❤️
This lovely lady came to see us yesterday for her first ever riding lesson. She rode the very gentle Mollie and the smile at the end of the lesson says it all! So why not come and have a go yourself! 🐎❤️🐴
We look forward to seeing you for your usual lessons this week and next as the temperatures soar and the ☀ but please remember the following points:
1) Welfare of our horses ALWAYS comes first therefore as much as you can have your usual lesson content there will be lots of opportunities for your horse to rest, stretch and catch their breath
2) Our advice would be to bring a drink (water or flat not fizzy) your instructor will be more than happy to have your drink in the school and pass it to you when the horse is having a rest – keeping hydrated is important (your instructors will be drinking plenty!)
3) A necessity of riding is the clothing you wear – however thin leggings rather than jodhpurs, Joddie boots without chaps, are just examples of ways to be safe but help control your temperature (we want you to have fun and enjoy you lesson not faint with heat exhaustion!)
4) Whilst I appreciate its hot you will not be allow to ride in shorts/skirts/dresses
5) Suncream is an must and fly repellent is a suggestion
6) please advise us if you have any medical conditions which are not normally an issue but may be aggravated by the heat (such as hay fever, asthma)
If in any doubt about the best way to cope with the temperatures please get in touch – we’re more than happy to help 😁
I tend to teach my riders to carry their hand for a number of reasons – main ones being to do with communication with the horse and position of rider. Not everyone agrees with this positioning but if it’s good enough for Charlotte…. it’s good enough for me 😁
We are sad to say goodbye to Frostie today as he makes his way over the Rainbow 🌈 bridge. Along with Owen, Frostie was the first pony we had at Ratcliffe Equestrian when we first launched in 2008. On the whole he was kind and gentle and he taught a lot of kids how to ride…… that said he could be a cheeky little pony….. inside that small pony was definitely a huge spirit and he will be sadly missed.
All our lovely clients if you have lessons booked in for tomorrow, Friday or the weekend please contact Karen BEFORE setting off for your lesson — we managed lessons yesterday but today even the track was frozen which made the schools unusable. The main school hasn’t been out of use since we had the drainage put in 18 mouths ago and the snow isn’t really the problem but it is just too cold at the moment ❄❄❄. The weather is very changeable at the moment too so am making decisions day by day.
Many thanks for your understanding and roll on Spring!!!!
Please call Karen or keep an eye on our Facebook page for latest news.